- Communications guys talk about “high up-time”.
- Aerospace designers resonate with “fault-tolerant”, and “mission-critical electronics” . This was my intended audience
“Speak to everyone and you speak to no-one”… If my answer surprises you a bit…. …. Or if you feel like you sometimes get BLANK STARES when you present, read on !
NICHE DOWN, Profits UP
Specialists Get Paid More
- A niche is a place to gain notoriety and differentiate. Be the big fish !
- A niche is a grand place for a new company to start – It’s an island of strength. A place from which to springboard into adjacent niches … or to define your own category.
- You send the very same newsletter to all of your prospects and customers
- Your website, YouTube channel, collateral and presentations are organized by product name or function.
- Your datasheets, white papers and product pages list features and don’t state what type of customer they are for
- It takes website visitors more than 10 seconds to find the answer to their top question on your site.
- It’s unclear how, in their specific words, you make them more competitive … How you are different.
- THEIR EXACT WORDS – The EXPRESSIONS that they use to describe the ONE BIG PROBLEM AND OUTCOME THEY DESIRE – “High up-time” for my communications electronics niche, for example
- THEIR EXAMPLES
- THEIR WHY… Why the outcome that you provide matters. Why it makes them more competitive.
- WHY WILL THEY PAY? What’s the cost to them if they do nothing to solve the One Big Problem. If there are objections or barriers to buying, now is a great time to find out so that you can knock them down
HOW TO RESONATE IN YOUR NICHE
FOCUS Your Message
HOW TO BE PROLIFIC
REACH Your Niche
- Organize helpful content by niche
On your website, have a niche-specific call to action link for easy navigation to content that interests each niche. Talk about the ONE BIG PROBLEM that they need to solve and show them how to solve it. Use this as a way to get email addresses and drive them into your sale funnel.
Conduct webinars and high-converting events that are short, sweet and focused solely on your niche
Create a separate Youtube Playlist for every niche or ONE BIG PROBLEM to solve. Again, the goal is to make it super easy for your customers to see how you specialize in solving their specific problem
- FOLLOW UP AUTOMATICALLY I
You know how the saying goes….
“The Money is in the follow up”
In the Digital marketing realm, we call follow-up technology “RE-TARGETING”
You know how, if you go to Amazon.com and view a product, and your don’t buy it. Then, lo-and-behold, you start seeing reminder ads about the products that you were interested in.
This is an example of re-targeting.
And it works.
You can do the same thing to help remind visitors in your niche about your solution
Re-targeting technology lets you keep delivering valuable content to viewers and visitors, EVEN WHEN YOU DON’T YET KNOW WHO THEY ARE…..
THE HOLY GRAIL !
For example, you can deliver useful content 4x times to any anonymous website viewer who stopped by your niche page.
You can deliver more useful information to people who clicked on your ad or who watched your video … and then left.
Keep giving these viewers great content.
Because it takes at least 4 follow-up impressions and sometimes as many as 20 before they recognize and like you enough to give you their contact info.
Why does this work? Because most viewers are in research mode when they first visit. They don’t know you. They are unlikely to give you their email address when they first visit.
To address this, follow-up at least 4 times using re-targeting.
And visitors will grow to trust you and eventually tell you who they are.
I’ve quadrupled leads using re-targeting.
- Laser target your content – We’ve all received generic emails loaded with topics that we are not interested in…. They end up in the recycle folder, if we bother to open them at all.
The lesson? Only send content that is of interest
For your newsletter list, ask what people are interested in when they sign up to your list.
Send them only content on that specific topic.
- Grow your reach by re-purposing content to highly targeted audiences on social media.
The beauty of social media is that it lets you target very specific groups of individuals.
For example, you can post helpful content to appropriate LinkedIn Groups, Facebook Groups, Forums, targeted Intagram and Facebook audiences… and the list goes on !
Create pay-for Facebook ads that you only send to people with specific interests, behaviors or the fans of influencers in your niche.
Send pay-for ads with your content to people on your email lists using Facebook custom audiencesThese are just a few of the great ways to automatically stay in front of people that have showed interest in your offering. And the best thing? You can keep reaching them, whether or not they have told you who they are STEP 6: CONVERT VISITORS TO LEADS Do this by directing people into your online sales funnel, a place where they get immense value for free and you gain a lead that learns to know, like and trust you. Refer to this article for details. At least one of the approaches above may have opened your eyes to reaching more people, more effectively in your niche. ⏬ Let’s put it into action below ! ⏬
HOW TO PROFIT
AMPLIFY The Impact
CONGRATS… You now know how to “niche down” to grow your profits.
And how to amplify your sales impact by catering to the specific needs of your niche
… How to transform yourself into the go-to niche expert … How to not be salesy.
Here’s your 6-step action plan
- PICK NICHE WITH BIG PROBLEM
Segment your customers into niches and find out what they need.
Validate that the niche that you want to serve plays to your strengths and is lucrative.
2, STAND OUT
STAND APART by declaring your MISSION and POINT OF VIEW for that niche
“I believe that__ ”
“ I stand for __”
3. . CALL OUT
Call out to your niche by name. This tells viewers that they are in the right place. Use the specific words that THEY use. Do this everywhere – in all content, at events and on your website.
4. . SOLVE ONE BIG PROBLEM
“Show your niche how”.
How do you solve one big problem that ails your niche.
Focus on the TRANSFORMATION and OUTCOME… because that is what drives sales.
5. BE PROLIFIC
Deliver your specific message at least 4 times.
Deliver to anonymous website visitors that view pages about your niche, even when you don’t yet know who these people are.. using re-targeting.
Deliver to your niche mailing list and media channels.
TIP: If you don’t re-target your website and online sales funnel visitors, you are leaving 80% of the money on the table
TIP: Never rely on just one social media platform to distribute your content.
Because rules can change overnight and you could lose all of your followers.
Be prolific and publish across multiple platforms and interest groups.
6. CONVERT VIEWERS INTO STRONG PROSPECTS
TIP: Do include a call to action on all social media posts. This should drive people into your ONLINE SALES FUNNEL. An online funnel is a sequence of web pages that educates, entertains and inspires visitors and drives them toward a sale.
An online funnel is where you encourage visitors to enter their contact info, and where they learn to know, like and trust you
THE 6-STEP PLAN RESULTS?
- You become highly differentiated in your niche.
- You attract qualified people in your niche.
- You don’t have to worry about price pressure.
You grow profits without being salesy.
What are your thoughts about “niching down” in order to grow your bookings?
COMMENT BELOW !